Sunday, July 31, 2011

Decorating and Gift Giving

I did a little online "shopping" and found some things I thought would make sweet decorations for the home or even cute little Christmas gifts without breaking the bank! I have overspent for the holidays many times in the past. It's ridiculous! I sometimes wonder if the person that I bought for even remembers what they received from one Christmas to the next. It's nice to give for the holidays, but it doesn't have to be expensive and should not put you in the hole from one year to the next. It seems I no sooner get the charge card paid from last Christmas and guess what...Christmas is here again. Now I ask myself  do I really want to do this again?? The answer this year is NO! Times are changing for everyone financially. This year I'm cutting back on the amount of money I spend. My children are much older, and should realize that...well....they are not little children. Or, maybe it's just the mom in me that thinks I need to shower my adult children with gifts at this special time of year because they are both single and will not have anything to open Christmas Day unless it's from me....

But as for the other people in my life that I would like to get a little something for, these are some things I have found that can be given as a small gift or added into a cute gift basket that won't break the bank! My sister-in-law makes up sweet gift baskets that I really appreciate.

Here are a few of the items I found. Maybe it will give you some ideas for decorating or gift giving.










These little sweeties are Yarn Pals. Check out the cute little booties!



Maybe not for the women, but for those wrestling fans, this is a great gift. My hubby received this from his sister last year for Christmas and he loved it! Full of color photos and info.



I have a Fix-It and Forget-It cookbook, not this Christmas issue, but I love it. It's full of slow cooker recipes for all of those busy people who need a little help with supper. Lots of great recipes.




A nice bottle of sparkling wine to go with


this sweet Holiday Glass set/4. You could make it more elaborate and add some cheese, crackers, etc. It just depends on what your budget allows.




NFL Tumblers for the football fans.



Sweet reusable canisters with a Muffin Mix inside. Great for a basket.



Holiday characters/gift towel set.





The Major Award throw. I couldn't help myself when I saw this one. Really cute throw for those who are crazy about the movie A Christmas Story. ;-)



Every Day Thought Calendar with a different quote for each day of the year.



NFL Floor Mats for that football fan.



I love these little Sentiments Snowmen! So cute!



These Holiday Birds would look sweet on a table, mantel, shelf, or just about anywhere.




This is a lighted flicker candle that works off of batteries. I'm a big fan of battery operated candles because you can put them on shelves or anywhere that you couldn't put a real candle. I have quite a few of these kinds of candles in my home, but I also love the real scented candles. The nice thing about these are that if you forget to turn if off before you go to bed it just doesn't matter! The house won't burn down! There's also a cute Santa candle like this one.



Color changing wooden candles that would look great on a mantle or a window. Simple and inexpensive decorating.



Santa countdown to Christmas. There's also a Snowman countdown.



Lighted Sled.

These were some ideas that I picked for decorating or gift giving that won't cost an arm and a leg for the holidays. I need to remember that the reason for the season is not how many gifts you give or receive, or how much you spend on someone, or how elaborately decorated the home is, it's Jesus, He is the real reason we celebrate Christmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment


Followers

Popular Posts